Join us for the following Peer-to-Peer Discussions on the Enhanced Oncology Model (EOM) on August 10 at 2pm ET and August 26 at 11am ET, featuring successful OCM site thought leaders. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service (CMS) intends to increase the standard of care for cancer patients while lowering costs.
Gabrielle Rocque, MD, a medical oncologist at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), will moderate the webinar on Aug 10, and is intended to understand the oncology clinician perspectives on EOM. Clinician panelists and attendee participants will be asked the following questions:
- Are you a proponent of your center participating in EOM? Why or why not?
- What did you learn from OCM participation?
- Do you believe the OCM practice re-design activities improved patient care? How?
- What are clinicians role in your organization’s decision to participate in EOM?
- What practice re-design activities (PRAs) do you believe will have the greatest impact on patient care?
- Which PRAs gives you the greatest concern regarding implementation?
Ethan Basch, MD, MSc, Richard M. Goldberg Distinguished Professor and Chief of Oncology, UNC School of Medicine, will moderate the webinar on Aug 26, and is intended to understand the oncology administrative leadership perspectives on EOM. Administrative panelists and attendee participants will be asked the following questions:
- Are you going to participate? If not sure, why?
- What questions does your organization still have?
- How are you planning to provide enhanced patient services?
- What will you do over the next twelve months with a gap in the program (will you stop existing enhanced patient services)?
- Are you working with your other major commercial payer customers on value-based programs? Do they require the same services and/or quality standards as EOM?
As an oncology stakeholder, it is important to make your voice heard and express your thoughts on the newly announced EOM. We look forward to seeing you at the events.