Embedded EHR integration
for the modern oncology practice.
Carevive’s cloud-based Solution (SaaS) is embedded within Cerner and integrated with other industry leading electronic health records (EHR) and clinical information systems. We integrate our cancer care planning system — including patient-reported outcomes — into clinical workflow, keeping patients at the center of the oncology care process.
Our EHR integration solution delivers current, patient-specific oncology information, such as normalized diagnosis and treatment data plus detailed and discrete staging data that is typically absent, even today, from near real-time data exchanges among clinical systems.
The ability for providers and clinicians to use Carevive care management and patient engagement tools within their EHR system, with the automatic transfer of specific oncology clinical EHR data, differentiates Carevive from other software platforms.
We support the growing demand of driving patient engagement and satisfaction through a single patient portal or engagement tool, incorporating our expertise in oncology content into your patient engagement platform.
Using Carevive in the clinic unlocks critical data on the real-world cancer patient experience to continuously improve patient care today and provide better access to novel therapies in the future. As a result, clinicians will be able to spend more time with cancer patients and their families and less time on administrative burdens and data entry.
Cerner Users: Visit our page in the Cerner Code App Gallery
Benefits of our EHR embedded workflows
- Single sign-on via Cerner EHR allowing for optimized clinical workflows
- Comprehensive patient context with personalized care plans available across the clinical care team removes communication barriers
- Elimination of dual documentation drives time savings and sharpens accuracy
- Patient reported outcomes data accessible through Cerner EHR enables PROs data in routine care
Challenges Without Portal Integration
- Patients are going to multiple platforms/portal to engage health system for scheduling, billing, lab results, service line expertise, education, referrals, and even surveys. Research has proven this negatively impacts patient satisfaction.
- Limited adoption due to frustration in operational efficiencies that were strived for are not achieved.
- Loss of brand awareness and cohesive experience with 3rd party applications when service line or provider utilizes different tools than the health systems standard.
“Embedded customers can leverage the single patient portal for nearly all health care engagement and management tools.”Cerner Oncology Executive
“Physicians will be able to see that document in Cerner and can without having to talk to someone in the clinic, say for instance it's after hours or weekends, they can pull up that document and see, ‘Oh well she has been complaining of this for X amount of days and this is what the clinic implemented to assist with that.””UAB Nurse Manager
“I think the best benefit of the patient is there is something that they can report to and once they know that there is a human behind that report, that actually increases the trust and confidence in the system. That was the best part.”UAB Physician
“The care team can view care plans, orders, diagnosis, physician dictation and other native EHR context reducing the time we spend searching for pertinent patient information across multiple systems.”University of Missouri Nurse Navigator