Random things about me…
- I believe human resources must serve as the conscience of the organization.
- I still love being married to my high school sweetheart!
- After Hurricane Andrew hit Miami, I had an armed guard assigned to me while I handed out employees’ paychecks in cash. Truly a lesson in the hierarchy of needs.
- I recently visited my late mother’s home and relatives in Cuba. A humbling experience.
- My mantra: “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
Mary has a Bachelor’s Degree from Florida State University and advanced human resource management experience in employee relations, performance & compensation management, recruitment, and benefits management. She also has experience providing human resources consulting and training to small companies. Her 18 years supporting the growth in the cellular/wireless industry included managing teams of human resource managers throughout the southeast. Afterward, she provided human resource leadership support to an EHR startup – growing from 25 to 130 employees when sold. Mary has been with Carevive since 2016.
Why I Joined Carevive
I had recently lost a family member to glioblastoma. Her cancer journey was not only tragic but frustrating and confusing – trying to navigate through the process, providers, options, etc. I could not pass up the opportunity to be a part of a company truly committed to cancer research, helping patients make more educated treatment choices and to improving lives and outcomes for cancer patients.