The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for ensuring the successful development and global implementation of the Company’s RWE registry and Company’s electronic patient-reported outcomes (ePRO) product, and ultimately ensure that its use clinically improves health outcomes and advances clinical drug development. The CMO plays a primary role in evangelizing and advancing the ePRO product and RWE vision, growth, and value in the marketplace. The CMO leverages clinical, scientific, and market knowledge, experience, customer and market leader relationships, strategic partnerships, and management of the Strategic Medical Advisory Board to achieve these objectives.
This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The CMO will:
- Be an expert consultant on the strategic design of Carevive’s ePRO product to maximize contributions to our RWE registry and impact on clinical outcomes for cancer centers
- Design the Carevive RWE product and back-end analytic database to measure health outcomes and conduct comparative effectiveness studies that offer actionable insights to providers, life sciences, payers, and FDA
- Provide expert interpretation to health systems, life science companies, payer organizations, and FDA on our health outcomes findings based on data collected and analyzed from our cancer center customers
- Be an expert consultant on the clinical best practices for the real-world implementation of ePROs, and advise clinical internal clinical services organization to ensure effective implementation
- Develop and manage scientific advisory board to ensure the effectiveness of using our tools and RWE to improve cancer patient health outcomes
- Oversee the design, execution, and dissemination of Carevive health outcomes research agenda
- Be an advocate, thought leader and subject matter expert for ePRO as it relates to Carevive’s position in the PRO industry
- Be the primary point of contact for our customers’ CMOs
- Contribute to Life Sciences RWE/HEOR study proposal development
- Design studies using our database of PROs and EHR-interfaced clinical data to contribute to life science drug development
- Play a primary role in designing additional Carevive products as and when the needs become identified
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD)
- Experience with life science companies through active participation in a minimum of 5 HEOR/RWE studies
- Have participated in and published on observational, non-randomized real-world studies
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with Carevive colleagues/partners; work directly clients and business partners.
- Proven business acumen through management and responsibility for departmental finances
- 3-5 years experience managing and leading teams
|Job Category||Executive Management|